Peggy Olson Costume
- Do not wash your hair for up to 24 hours before styling. You want your hair to have some oil in it to withstand this style. Begin by putting a mousse or thickening spray through your hair. Don't use too much!
- Flip your head upside down and add a bit of the mousse and thickening spray from your roots to the end of your hair.
- If you have bangs, separate them at your forehead where you want them.
- Everything behind the bangs, begin to tease! Not sure how? Take a comb or bristle brush and lift up a section of your hair approx. 3" in width. Now brush backwards. Do this a few times to create a "rats nest". It's okay-- it will look horrible at first! Do this to every section of your hair around your crown.
- Now brush the hair back, smoothing the hair over the rats nest. This nest is what creates the "bouffant" look and illusion of volume. Finish this with a little hairspray.
- Curl your bangs just slightly (don't over-do it!) and then spray the ends of your hair with hairspray. Curl the ends of your hair up. You will most likely have to hold the curling iron at the ends of your hair for a bit longer than usual. The hairspray sprayed before curling should help keep the hair-do longer.
- You can add a headband if you like for a more finished look!
Army Soldier Costume
Want an even more authentic look? Add some shoe polish or grown charcoal to any places with exposed skin. Add some purple eyes hadow in places to create bruises. Even use red liquid makeup or lipl iner for small "cuts" and "scrapes".
Sultry Southern Belle Costume
What other accessories?
Star Trek Super Girl Uhura
All you need is a Star Trek communicator pin and you're set!