Grey goose vodka pendant light by uniqueglassware $50
Ever wondered how you could cut a glass bottle with a clean edge without power tools? Here is a simple and fairly quick way to do so! Make luminaries, candle holders, drinking glasses, vases, you name it!
- put on some safety goggles and gloves.
- wrap a string around a wine bottle four or five times and then tie it.
- fill a pot or kitchen sink with very cold water.
- soak the string in acetone (or nail polish remover) and put it around the bottle.
- light the string and rotate is as shown in the video.
- quickly put the bottle in the water when the acetone is about to go out.
- you may need to try again if it doesn't work the first time.
- use sandpaper or better yet, a dremel tool, to file the edges smooth. this is most important if you are making drinking glasses!